Tuesday 26 July 2011

SEO Software Applications - Is it the Key to Survival in the Webmaster World?


SEO Software comes in many shapes and forms. Market Samurai. WebSEO. Let's not forget the online SEO software applications too such as SBI, CSN and Tube Mogul just as a few examples. You see, the thing here is that a lot of people claim these applications to be their edge, myself included. Personally for keyword research, I use Market Samurai like it is going out of fashion. There are a good handful of other webmasters who do look at the use of both offline and online SEO software applications as being unethical and not needed, so we are going to pull this debate apart here for you.

First and foremost, there are applications out there that do break the rules of many businesses and organizations out there, at the same time, they are accepted by a lot of other well-known businesses and organizations. If you are looking for me to talk about these, you are in the wrong place.

Why do people use these applications? Myself included, I use these applications because I have a lot on my plate. As a collective, I control some 35 domain names, with 5 of these being very active websites that demand my attention on a daily basis, so of course when there is an SEO software application that allows me to do more of what I need in less of the time that I usually do it in, of course that is going to be something that I will look further into. However, I do stress that with any application that you use, you look into the implications of using that piece of software. Time certainly does equal money, however, money can quickly vanish if you are seen to be breaking the rules!

I came across an interesting predicament the other day, which I will use as an example here. An experienced and successful webmaster asked me the other day about certain methods that I use, now I will stress here that what I do at the moment I treat very professionally as if it is a full time job, but I don't earn enough from it to be a real full time job. This is an investment in my future away from the office. His comment when I told of certain software for keywords that I use, and for link building, was that he does not approve of this. Now, I stress that these methods are very acceptable in the wider community, they are certainly not black hat methods or even grey hat for that matter. Keep in mind that the person that I was talking to was very fond of outsourcing as well, so it is a real 50/50. If you can afford to outsource, and the companies and organizations that you work with approve of this, then that is always going to be a better option for you. If not, just make sure it is ok for you to use certain SEO software applications as to avoid any embarrassment or loss.

So, this brings me to the debate between use of such SEO software applications and Outsourcing. Personally, I don't see a huge difference apart from the fact that outsourcing is generally much more professional than the automated results that you will achieve from a machine. However, I will again stress that there are services that can be outsourced that are also frowned upon, and approval should be sought beforehand. As I mentioned in the opening paragraph, I will not promote these methods, however, I do encourage their use if it is allowed.

This all seems like a lot of ramble, I know. It's a very complicated situation. Let's summarize this article before I confuse too many people. The use of SEO software applications is frowned upon by some. There are no set rules for the webmaster apart from those that are set by individual companies and organizations, so this is where it comes down to preparation. The newcomer to the webmaster world will be much more inclined to do whatever it takes, regardless of whether or not it breaks the rules or not, and will not accept their fate when they are either banned from certain services, or realize that their search engine rankings start to suffer. The key here is research. If an article directory does not allow you to use an SEO software application that allows you to spin articles, the simple thing here is, don't use it! If Google doesn't like people to automatically build huge quantities of links in a very short time frame, then don't do it! The key to effective SEO is time. There is no such thing as a 7 day method that works. The more time you take to generate backlinks, to write articles, to generate good content, this will always work in your favour. As such, you should treat your decisions on what SEO software applications to use, if any at all. They can either be your very own edge, or your green light to imminent failure.




Ryan is the owner of Affordable SEO Services, and writes on a daily basis about his own experiences using different SEO Methods, and his experiences using SEO Software and their effectiveness. Ryan likes to promote ethical SEO, and organic SEO as an extremely beneficial way for webmasters to not only achieve great search engine results, but as a way to literally dominate your keywords in the search engines.

If you would like more information about SEO Software and the different used of these applications, this can be found by browsing to the SEO Software category at Affordable SEO Services.





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment